Retirement Planning Creates A Beautiful Future
Retirement planning might seem complicated and daunting. In fact, almost half the population thinks they’ll never save enough for the golden years unless they win the lottery or hit some kind of windfall, but that’s not true if you follow these 5 steps. Also you can visit planreview.ie for even more information about retirement planning.
1) Get Started Early: Someone who starts saving $100 each month from the age of 18 winds up with more than half a million by the retirement age of 65. The power of compounding interest is very real, so the earlier you start your saving, the more you will stand to benefit from it.
2) Make A Plan: While compounding interest can make small monthly installments reach high volumes of money over time, you should still have targets. What year do you want to retire? How much would you like to have when you retire?
3) Take The Company Money: If you or your spouse is employed by a company with sponsored retirement plans, then take advantage of them. Many businesses offer matching contributions for 401k savings and the like. Never leave free money on the table!
4) Diversify: Balance your goals with your risk tolerance, and then diversify your assets based on those parameters. As a general rule of thumb, the younger you are, the more risk you should take with stocks, moving slowly towards bonds and dividend stocks as you grow older.
5) Minimize Your Costs: Low-cost, no-load mutual funds and other investments don’t whittle down as much on your gains. Index funds are great for keeping up with the market overall without many transaction fees or expenses involved. Cutting just 1 percent of your expenses can boost your retirement savings by 20 percent over the course of your life.
There is much more to retirement planning than all this, but these 5 steps are a great start and a simple one at that.